Announcements:

3/6/17
Long-awaited return imminent!
- K7

Monday, November 15, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT - Rating System Change

Well, as many have noticed in my previous news, my scoring system is a tad lenient, with the "Average" rating for anything ends up falling around a 7 to an 8, which is more along the lines to a system of grading found in most schools. I feel that this is becoming fundamentally flawed in terms of delivering the best review possible.

Therefore, I feel that I should revamp my system to have the "Average" for a rating fall somewhere around a 5 to a 6 for any given category. This way, Those games that are truly good can stand out a lot more, while those that are bad will show that they should be avoided purely due to the grading number alone.

So from this post on, expect the ratings of games to appear a tad lower than before, with most games falling into the 60s and 70s rather than the 80s and 90s as they have been. I will also slowly dig back through my old reviews and update the scores to be more along the lines of this system, though that will happen slowly over time, and some of the really good ones may even remain close to the same. For the most part, though, expect the game ratings to go down by at least 10 points on average.

I'll probably post an official listing of the grading system somewhere eventually.

~K7 out.

No comments:

Post a Comment